Australia, its historical past and interesting information
A brief history
Humans are considered to have arrived in Australia concerning 40,000 years back from Southeast Asia. They are the first inhabitants, known as aborigines and they have descendant still these days ( Source Australian visa from usa ). People was around a million before the European settlement and today around 350,000 people stay in Australia.The Dutch sighted Australia in 1606 as the British landed in 1688. But it was Captain James Cooks maiden voyage that claimed the territory for Great Britain. A British colony was set up in 1788 with around 161,000 English convicts transported and settled there. Former criminals and free settlers established six colonies which became states after. In 1901 these colonies were federated to the Commonwealth of Australia and a constitution was introduced that included the US federal traditions and also British parliamentary.
Some interesting details of Australia
Australia is counted among the most one of a kind places in the world. From the crazy Aussie laws, that might still exist, to the weird wild life, this country is filled with odd and awesome things. Though you might have heard about several of the Australia facts, you may find here something totally new. So here are some exciting facts about Australia
- 1. About 80% of Australian animals are distinctive – Some of the interesting animals on earth can be found in Australia that includes marsupials, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, and a variety of birds. You could find them in zoos or parks and can even spot them in the wild.
- 2. The vast rock Uluru extends up to 2.5 km underground – Uluru is holy to the aboriginal tribes and it has been listed by UNESCO as a heritage site. Extremely about 2.5 km of this rock is thought to be underground and linked to the Olgas which emerges 16 milesaway.
- 3. More than 60 wine regions – Traveling to Australia and not drinking wine may not be a good option, although with such a wide range it will be difficult to pick among them. There are several vineyards stretched over the continent and you can reach those areas to relish the spectacular landscape.
- 4. Biggest eco-system on earth – The Great Barrier Reef is made up of about 2500 reefs which are noticeable from space. Scuba diving and snorkeling among the turtles and vibrant fishes are the major highlights for a trip to Australia.
- 5. More snow than Swiss Alps – While lots of people check out Australia for excellent beaches, skiing enthusiasts visit the Australian Alps. Snowfall begins in June and continues till September which makes the place ideal for skiing.
- 6. Worlds biggest sand island – The sandy shores are the spotlight of Fraser Island, so jump on a boat and explore the delights of this heaven. It fantastic to find a dingo and this island has about 150 of them. Keep a safe distance as they are wild and aggressive.
- 7. Worlds biggest war memorial – Scenic and amazing landscapes along the way will get you mesmerized while driving on the Great Ocean Road. The street was developed as a memorial by the soldiers returning to their land after World War – 1.
So these were a few of the intriguing information about Australia and if you want to experience more of such amazing things, pack your bag and pay a visit to this wonderful spot.